Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Play Basketball For Fitness
By Mark Parachas




Running is fun at times, but I always wondered if there was a better way to stay active and fit without pounding mindless miles.



I always played sports in high school, but as I got older I began to lose motivation. There were no schedules practices of any sort, so I had nothing to make me go out and stay active. I began to run, but that got boring and repetitive.



Finally, I decided that, even though I was now in my 30s, I was going to start going to my local rec center and play in pickup basketball games. Was I the best player? No. However, I went out there and busted my tail. I became known as a guy who could do the little things, and always hustled.



The best thing about the whole ordeal was I now looked in the mirror and thought I was a new person. The initial few days I was very sore, almost like I was spending an hour in the gym. Soon, I became so confident again in myself that I was willing to go skins when the teams were divided up. A month before that, there was no way I'd pull that stunt.



In conclusion, I recommend playing basketball if at all possible. The game gives you a full body workout that will allow you to work on your overall endurance as well. Playing on wood floor is much easier on your body, so try to find a place to play on with nice, indoor floors as well.




The author of this article also writes at the Courtballistec blog, where you can learn about the new Nike Air Max Courtballistec 2.3.



Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mark_Parachas
http://EzineArticles.com/?Play-Basketball-For-Fitness&id=3007900

No comments:

Post a Comment